At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented AML Analyst to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. The Anti-Money Laundering Analyst will perform the day-to-day operational Anti-Money Laundering tasks in support of Fundbox’s alternative small business financing products and services and associated regulatory and partnership requirements. The role will include monitoring for unusual or prohibited activity, escalating activity to partners, and developing and maintaining procedures related to Anti Money Laundering.
In this role, you will
- Monitor and take action on compliance-related alerts including OFAC, unusual transaction monitoring, and prohibited activity
- Escalate investigative reports of unusual activity to require corporate partners as per our contractual obligations
- Verify customer information and conduct due diligence reviews (KYC and EDD) as part of on-boarding and ongoing account review policies
- Ensure all daily operations are met within established SLAs
- Conduct regular reviews of operations processes and procedures to ensure functionality and develop additional efficiency
- Assist with AML Compliance Training focusing on identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Work cross-functionally with internal Fraud teams and other Compliance team members to identify gaps in policies or procedures
You should have
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Strong transaction analysis skills and understanding of commercial financial products and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as prior CRM and customer-facing experience
- Previous experience in an anti-money laundering or risk role with a financial institution or payment-focused company preferred
- Understanding of regulated industry best practices and associated technologies
- 3-year undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Native level English
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.