Fundbox may, from time to time and in its sole discretion, elect to contract with one or more other bank(s) to underwrite loans. In such case, you will be notified of such bank(s) during the loan process
4. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. But, we do receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. In order to participate in the Service, you are required to create an account ("Account"). We may offer different options to create an Account, including:
(a) Online Registration Form: You may choose to complete and submit an online registration form. You will be asked to provide us with a business email address and a password that you will use for your Account.
Regardless of which method you choose to register your Account, we may send an email to your nominated email address, or to the email address that you have designated in your Third Party Account, to instruct you how to confirm your registration.
4.2. Business Information. If you wish to use the Service to clear an invoice then you may be required to provide us with certain information about your business and business personnel ("Business Information"). Such information may include Personal Information about yourself or your business personnel. If you provide, or make available, any Personal Information about any business personnel you must first notify them and obtain their consent to disclose such information to us. Your participation in the Service is optional and you at all times have the choice of choosing whether to provide any Personal Information. Please be aware though that any failure to provide requested information may preclude your business from being approved to obtain an Advance from us.
4.4. 'Contact Us' Information. If you send us a "Contact Us" request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Site or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
4.5. Log Files. We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track user's movement around the Services, and gather demographic information.
5. The Way We Use Personal Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information through the Services, then such Personal Information may be used by us in the following ways:
5.1. We will use your Personal Information to provide and improve our Services, to contact you in connection with the Services and certain programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Services that you are authorized to access.
5.2. We may use your designated email address to: (i) send you updates or news regarding the Services and our products; and/or (ii) respond to a "Contact Us" or administrative request (for example, to change your password).
5.3. We will use the Business Information and Third Party Account information that we collect to provide our Service to you, including to: (i) review your application for an Advance (this may include using such information to undertake a Background Check); and (ii) process an approved application and provide you with an Advance.
5.4. We may collect and use your Personal Information, the Business Information and Third Party Account information as otherwise set forth in our Terms.
5.7. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Fundbox, our users, yourself or the public.
6. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our Services and enhance your experience with the Services. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. "Anonymous Information" means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Services.
7. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional, advertising, or other Services-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving the foregoing emails, we may still send you a response to any "Contact Us" request as well as administrative emails (for example, in connection with a password reset request, an email verification, or a payment-related email) that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Services.
8. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Services but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
9. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. You may use the tools that we make available on the Service to remove or modify certain information in your Account (you may also be able to remove or modify certain information via your Third Party Account that you have linked to). If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
11. Children's Privacy. The Services are not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
12. HIPAA. Fundbox is not an entity that is covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of Health and Human Services has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”) and their service providers (“business associates”). This means that the information that you provide to Fundbox is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations. You may not submit or otherwise make available any protected health information (as that term is defined under HIPAA) to Fundbox.
12. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
14. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.