We’re looking for an experienced and well-rounded compliance generalist to be a core member of our exceptional Compliance team, help our business continue its rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this role, you will have an opportunity to lead and/or execute a variety of critical functions within Fundbox’s compliance management system. You will share your talents as an individual contributor, while embracing Fundbox’s spirit of collaboration and teamwork. This is a dynamic environment where flexibility, attention to detail and critical thinking skills will serve you well to overcome the exciting challenges we face.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will:
- Manage or support the execution of critical components of company’s Compliance Management System, including but not limited to:
- Compliance testing and monitoring
- Complaint management
- Marketing and Customer Operations Materials reviews
- Third party risk management
- Evaluate, monitor and/or test the adequacy of business processes, procedures, and practices with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirements, identifying gaps, issues and recommendations for improvement or corrective action.
- Monitor and validate the status of corrective actions taken by business partners to remediate concerns.
- Review and investigate incoming complaints and prepare reports to aid in complaint trend analysis and issue management.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales and Customer Operations teams in materials development and approval.
- Manage new vendor onboarding and ongoing due diligence efforts.
- Build reports and develop plain-language narratives for presentations for business management.
- Drive ongoing and targeted monitoring, testing and reporting activities by frontline managers, auditors, and bank or other strategic partners.
- Review and ensure that legal and regulatory requirements are built into business operations.
You will also:
- Provide support on all compliance matters relating to the oversight of risks and controls for critical business processes/activities for all relevant risks. This includes being prepared with agreed-upon reporting and responding to ad-hoc requests in support of the business.
- Support key compliance initiatives, including but not limited to internal process transformations, system implementation readiness, and organizational change.
- Provide research support in compliance matters or in collaboration with business partners where appropriate.
- Assist in evaluating the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system and manual processes.
We want someone with:
- At least 5-7 years as part of a compliance team within the financial services industry, with experience at a Fintech firm a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity
- Deep knowledge and comfort related to small business lending and payments regulations (UDAP, ECOA/Reg B, FCRA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA). Working knowledge of other consumer banking and lending regulations that aid in developing guardrails for the business.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to identify compliance trends and potential regulatory risk patterns, and create reports that provide meaningful insights.
- Ability to analyze complex compliance issues, identify practical compliant solutions and contribute to decisions that enable the business to grow while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and independence in managing multiple priorities and issues.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convert complex regulatory language into an understandable format for business partners.
- Experience in performing monitoring, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.
Applicants for Account Executive must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa for this position.