Did you ever ask yourself: “When is the right time to get new clients for my pool maintenance business”? The answer is probably, right now (Early spring, late winter times). We want to make it easy for you to pick the best ways to grow your pool maintenance business right away. So we broke this guide in to several key categories.
Local marketing opportunities for pool maintenance business owners
- Partner with local pool supply stores. Talk to pool supply stores in your area. Ask if you can leave your business cards or brochures at the checkout counter. Be sure to offer to return the favor by recommending the pool supply store to your customers.
- Get your pool business listed on local search directories. When pool owners look for pool maintenance companies, they typically look for one close by. Getting your business listed on Google My Business for example, can help put you in front of local pool owners when they search for pool maintenance businesses nearby.
- Optimize your website for local search. Upgrade your website’s SEO by adding locally relevant keywords. For example, “pool service in beverly hills”, or the words “pool maintenance near me”. Add a map to your site so that clients know that your pool service company is local. This may help your website come up higher in search results when people near you look for pool cleaning services.
Business development opportunities for pool cleaning companies
- Reach out to a new market. If you service residential pools, expand your customer base by marketing to property managers at apartments, condominium complexes, motels, and hotels.
- Buy an additional route. One very effective way to expand your pool maintenance business into a new territory is to purchase a nearby route from another pool service provider. Be sure to do your due diligence before you sign on the dotted line. Investigate how many of the customers are long-term clients, their payment histories, and any potentially problematic pools.
- Upsell. Offer existing customers additional goods and services to compliment their pool maintenance services. This may be reselling new pool accessories, chemicals, garden furnitures, or anything else that will help clients make the most from their pool. Your customers will feel more valued, and you’ll make more money.
Overlooked marketing channels to help grow your business
- Don’t be afraid of direct mail. Even in the digital era, direct mail is an effective way to grow your business and get new customers’ attention. You’ll need to find a mailing list of local homeowners with pools, then send them postcards or flyers with an enticing offer to try your service.
- Turn your employees and vehicles into mobile billboards. Every time your truck is parked outside a customer’s house, or when your pool technician is standing on the porch talking to a customer, it is an opportunity to raise awareness for your business. Using eye-catching uniforms, and tagging your vehicles with your company logo, phone number, and URL prominently visible will help build your local pool service brand.
Leverage referrals to get new clients for your pool maintenance services
- Customer referrals. Your clients loves you. That’s what makes them the best advertisement for your pool service. Ask them if they would recommend your pool services to their friends and neighbors who might need great pool cleaning services. You may also consider offering a referral incentive, such as a free month of pool cleaning or a discount on next month’s service.
- Online reviews count. Get listed on online review and rating sites such as Yelp and Angie’s List. Complete your listings with relevant information about your pool maintenance business, and encourage your customers to review your business. Link to your reviews from your website and promote them on social media.
- Socialize online. More than three-fourths (77 percent) of pool business owners in the Northeast Spa & Pool Association‘s annual industry survey use social media to market their businesses. Share useful tips, before-and-after pool maintenance pictures, and related summer fun content to spark interest in your services. (See more marketing ideas for pool maintenance businesses.)
If you need money to grow your business, consider an alternative financing solution like Fundbox, which gives you access to growth capital in a few clicks. Simply register for a free Fundbox account, connect your bookkeeping app or bank account to complete your application. If approved, you can draw funds in to your business bank account as soon as the next business day.