Local marketing is important, especially for small business owners. And this was demonstrated by a recent study conducted by Google in partnership with Ipsos MediaCT and Purchased. The study found that:
- 4 in 5 consumers use search on smartphone and computer/tablet for store address, business hours, product availability and directions.
- 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day
- 18% of local searches on smartphone lead to a purchase within a day vs. 7% of non-local searches
This provides a tremendous opportunity for small business owners to get in front of customers by using local marketing tactics. Here are seven local marketing platforms that can help your business leverage local and mobile search.
- LocalVox – LocalVox provides local SEO services that are geared specifically to small businesses. This small business marketing platform includes multi-location marketing through location data and directories, social media and other local networks.
- ReachLocal – ReachLocal is an online marketing and advertising provider for small businesses, advertising to consumers in local markets. Features of this platform include Google AdWords campaigns, search marketing and management, responsive website design, search engine optimization and more.
- ThriveHive – ThriveHive is a comprehensive marketing platform that focuses on local marketing through website development, customized marketing plans, contact management, social media marketing, managed advertising and more.
- Leadsquared – Leadsquared is a marketing tool that includes automation tools, lead capture, sales acceleration, and marketing and sales analytics so your business can more effectively promote itself via local marketing channels.
- Demandforce – Demandforce is a local marketing tool that markets directly to your neighborhood customers. This platform is automated marketing and communications software that automatically syncs with your management system so you can create seamless campaigns.
- Perch – Perch is a must-have app for local marketing intelligence, combining social media posts, promotions and reviews from popular platforms all in one app. Perch provides local insight that helps businesses discover new ways to connect with customers, keep up with their competition, and improve their own marketing.
- Yext – Yext is a provider of digital location management software and solutions that help your small business leverage location-based technologies to drive foot traffic in your local stores. Geared toward businesses of all sizes, Yext’s features include PowerListings, Pages, and Xone for mobile engagement.
There are many different ways you can incorporate local marketing into your overall marketing plan. For more tips on using local marketing tactics to promote your business in your neighborhood and community, read this local digital marketing post by Small Business Trends and browse these 13 grassroots ways to market a local business.