We’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
In this position on our engineering team, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with Product, Data Science, BI and Risk teams to build a world class, one-of-a-kind credit decisioning engine powered by AI.
In this role, you will
- Manage the day-to-day work including sprint ceremonies, code reviews and technical designs, etc.
- Collaborate with product managers, BI teams and other business stakeholders in order to plan and deliver high-quality outcomes
- Recruit and mentor top talented engineers working on Fundbox’s core applications
- Drive innovation and provide a technological strategy for your team and managers
- Support the fast-paced nature of Fundbox and work on various projects simultaneously
You should have
- Time management skills, delivery oriented, demonstrating ownership and reliability
- Team player, strong communication skills, empathy, and someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years of experience managing engineering teams and leading projects in a fast-paced environment
- 4+ years hands-on experience building web applications (SAAS) in the modern web stack
- Experience in building complex server side systems in Python
- Experience working in a microservices environment or in a distributed system over the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Degree in Computer Science (not a must; we’re always looking for super talented people)
- Experience working with leading frontend frameworks (Vue.js/Angular/React) - Advantage
- Experience in Cypress and/or automation testing - Advantage
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Tel Aviv Office
Our Tel Aviv office is located in the heart of the city, right off Rothschild Boulevard. It has 360 degree views and is a few steps from amazing bars and restaurants. Our space is open and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks, snacks, and a complimentary lunch budget.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.