At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for our first Director of Stock Administration, who will join our small and dynamic legal team. You will serve as our functional expert on all matters related to stock administration, and will be a key teammate as we create the organization, processes, and practices that will support our rapid growth. You would ideally be based in San Francisco once we return to the office, but we are also open to candidates who could be based at our office in Dallas or, in exceptional circumstances, candidates located elsewhere in the U.S.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for our Director of Stock Administration role who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Create our stock administration function and manage all aspects of equity administration, such as processing of equity grants, option exercises, and RSU releases.
- Provide timely reports as needed for audits, securities filings, income tax filings, and other processes.
- Ensure compliance with equity-related regulatory, accounting, and tax requirements for our equity program.
- Lead employee communications/trainings and answer employee questions related to our equity program.
- Work closely with the legal team to establish/update internal equity-related policies and practices.
- Drive improvement of equity plan design, procedures, and workflows, including automation and SOX compliance.
- Work on special projects as needed, in collaboration with Legal, Payroll, Finance, HR, and other teams.
An ideal candidate would have
- 8+ years of stock administration experience
- Experience with a range of equity instruments and plans (stock options, RSUs, ESPPs, etc.), with US and non-US equity-holders.
- Experience supporting 10b5-1 plan transactions, including coordination with brokers, transaction processing, and support for timely reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of complex projects and drive them to completion, using a collaborative and practical approach and requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Expertise in Excel (including V-lookups, H lookups, pivot table)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information to those who are not deeply familiar with equity-related concepts.
It would be great if you also had
- Experience helping a company transition from private to public.
- Experience with equity granted to employees in Israel.
- CPA and/or CEP designation.
- Experience with using Shareworks.
- A healthy sense of humor. There’s a lot going on at Fundbox, but we try to have a good time, too!
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Dallas, TX Office:
Our Plano office at Legacy Center is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.