Director of Brand Strategy and Content Marketing,
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Director of Brand Strategy and Content Marketing to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Marketing team, you will be manage a content calendar that encompasses both SMB and industry / media audiences, leading the content team and collaborating with the UX / Design team to produce the right kinds of content and right design at the right time to have the best impact on our audiences. You will monitor, measure and improve the entire content ecosystem, providing content for use along our entire customer lifecycle, supporting our brand.
The right candidate will be comfortable relying on analytics and intuition to connect brand concepts to tangible initiatives, outcomes and results. With storytelling, strategic insights and data acumen, you will shape and express our brand to develop deep connections with our SMB customers, prospects and Fundbox employees.
This is an entrepreneurial role that requires strategic, analytical, and creative skills including design sensibility. The ideal candidate will have the ability to operate at all levels, and switch gears quickly - helping create strategic initiatives and quickly shifting into execution mode. Reporting to our CMO, this will be a key role in the growth of our brand and evolution of our company.
In this role, you will
- Lead the strategic development, implementation, and evolution of our brand strategy to drive brand awareness, reinforce brand reputation and support new customer acquisition
- Develop our brand platform, a clear brand story (why, how, what) and brand marketing plans that emotionally connect with key audiences; build the brand architecture that guides product naming and identity
- Bring the brand to life through compelling storytelling and content leveraged across all of Fundbox’s owned and earned media channels; oversee Fundbox’s SEO efforts and website
- Direct the strategy and execution of all content and copywriting, from high impact, data-driven thought leadership (white papers, industry reports) to high volume content (blog posts, email, website, podcasts, etc.)
- Translate strategy into integrated marketing plans, brand campaign strategy and content development
- Collaborate with Marketing, UX / Design, Product, Sales, and Support to drive strategic marketing planning and execution
- Quantify the value of the brand and brand campaigns; develop metrics that monitor brand health and brand KPIs to forecast, track, and analyze brand marketing initiatives to ensure we exceed targets
- Develop and maintain brand standards, guidelines and assets, and work closely with all external-facing teams to consistently reinforce brand objectives
- Propose an annual brand marketing budget and effectively allocate and manage the budget to achieve optimal impact for the brand and business
- Inspire, manage, and grow a small talented team of in-house and contractor content and copywriters, SEO contractor, and a social marketing specialist.
You should have
- 10+ years proven success in building and shaping brand strategy for B2B brands that are in rapid growth phase, with at least 4 years in an inhouse role.
- Experience building and/or transforming fintech or financial services brands, a plus if you’ve done it for SMB audiences.
- 4+ years developing content marketing strategy across multiple channels, and defining and executing a plan focused on both high quality and scale / quantity
- Experience leveraging research, performance data, and user insights to make data-informed decisions while driving innovative creative strategies; comfort collaborating with performance marketing team to test and iterate on creative concepts and campaigns
- Demonstrated success integrating brand strategy across an organization, threaded through on and offline experiences and campaigns, as well as internal culture and practice.
- Proven experience developing differentiated and relevant brand positioning platforms based on audience insights.
- Experience testing paid brand campaigns, collaborating closely with Performance marketing to measure lift / impact
- Experience working effectively with C-level and senior execs to gain buy-in and support
- Operate at hands-on detailed level in addition to thinking strategically - one day you’ll be defining our two year brand strategy, the next you’ll jump in to write copy for email
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong project management skills
- BS/BA degree in marketing, communications, or business required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters are located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.