Senior Backend Engineer,
Our Tel Aviv office is located in the heart of the city, right off Rothschild Boulevard. It has 360 degree views and is a few steps from amazing bars and restaurants. Our space is open and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks, snacks, and a complimentary lunch budget.
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
Fundbox is looking for an experienced Backend Engineer. As a backend engineer at Fundbox, you will develop new core components of our product. You’ll partner with our product team to define, design and implement new business capabilities that will have material and measurable impact on Fundbox and our customers. Our engineering team cares deeply about productivity, quality, and ease of our work, so we constantly strive to improve it by practicing continuous deployment, code reviews and automating everything.
In this role, you will
- Design and build complex features, such as online credit functionality, payments, marketing and analytics tools, and much more.
- Work within a complex distributed microservices environment, thus mastering various distributed system paradigms.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
You should have
- At least 5-7 years of industry experience as a senior software engineer position
- Designed and built a complex software solution from scratch
- Experienced in at least two programming languages. It would be awesome if Python is one of them, but it’s not a must if you are a quick learner
- Experience with relational DBs
- Experience in Linux environment
- Experienced with microservices architecture
- Experience with Redis, NoSQL DB
- Experience in AWS
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.