Director of Corporate Communications,
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Director of Corporate Communications to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Marketing team, you will have an opportunity to develop and execute Fundbox’s communications strategy, while also delivering results in a fast-paced, start-up environment. The primary goal of this position will be to develop Fundbox’s narrative with media outlets and ensure our media coverage helps advance our point of view. This position will work closely with the executive team and senior leaders across the organization to set the communications strategy and calendar, make newsworthy announcements, and launch big milestones we want to share with the world.
Our mission is to deliver peace of mind to small businesses. With the global pandemic far from over, we’re proud to say that we never stopped serving small businesses, continuing to originate new loans as well as acquiring new customers. Thanks to our deep investments in data, our machine learning technology, and our financial discipline, we have emerged as the clear leader in our category. Because of our advantageous position, we are poised to grow significantly and want a communications leader who can drive that growth through a differentiated narrative and outstanding media coverage.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for Director of Corporate Communications position who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Own the development of Fundbox’s strategic narrative for the company, ensuring that we are seen as differentiated among the media, investors, and small business owners
- Own overall PR and communications strategy; Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual communications strategy and execution plans
- Serve as communications expert / advisor to the Fundbox executive team, preparing them for media, public speaking, and other external opportunities
- Create unique insight-led narratives, infographics, and storylines leveraging Fundbox data
- Oversee development of all Fundbox’s external communications initiatives, including but not limited to press releases, thought leadership, webinars, and speaking opportunities
- Drive the calendar for key initiatives and product launches, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as the product and marketing teams
- Prioritize media and speaking opportunities, and develop supporting PR tools (talking points, presentations, bylines, and other supporting material as needed)
- Continuously monitor the industry press and relevant awards, keep internal stakeholders abreast, and ensure coverage and inclusion as appropriate
- Leverage and work collaboratively with executive team to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Manage relationships with the PR agency, driving it for maximum output
- Define / refine metrics and reporting dashboards to monitor, measure, and communicate progress towards PR and communications goals
You should have
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in corporate communications and PR role required
- Must be: A master storyteller at heart with a proven track record of successfully crafting narratives, messaging strategies and comprehensive communications and media relations strategies and plans
- Prior experience in media relations role with fintech or financial services company is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Strong pre-existing media contacts with targeted business, fintech, tech, and industry journalists a plus
- Ability to leverage data and insights to build unique narratives and storylines
- A player-coach — someone who can move seamlessly from guiding a PR agency on strategy to taking the pen to a company-wide email
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Track record of effectively interfacing with senior management, Board of Directors, and internal stakeholders
- Experience managing an external agency with outstanding results
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes’ walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.