Head of Compliance,
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Head of Compliance to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Compliance team, you will have an opportunity to lead a diverse team of compliance professionals across all Fundbox offices, helping unify the team’s support of an enterprise-wide culture of compliance and continue to develop, implement and manage the overall compliance management system.
In this role, you will:
- Provide strategic compliance advice to senior executives and business teams, including product, marketing, finance, business development and operations
- Coordinate planning, implementation and oversight of risk-related programs and annual audits/reviews
- Monitor and analyze regulatory developments and industry trends
- Maintain and promote proper reporting channels for compliance issues
- Advise cross-functional teams in complying with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures as part of everyday operations
- Continue to develop and manage company compliance communications
- Invest in team development and mentoring, including supporting professional development
- Balance focus on high-risk areas with a steadfast commitment to sustaining a maturing compliance infrastructure throughout the organization
You should have:
- At least 12 years of experience in financial services and commercial banking, with a preference for prior fintech experience
- "Do it all" mentality and comfort handling a vast array of operational processes
- “Hands on” approach and readiness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Extensive experience with the regulatory space of lending, licensing, payments, including familiarity with UDA(A)P, TCPA, and FDCPA
- Understanding of regulated industry best practices and creativity in designing approaches or applying associated technologies
- Previous experience as an examiner with an FFIEC member organization
- Experience in financial services fintech or a mid-stage startup preferred
- CRCM, CAMS, CFCS preferred
- Ability to build coalitions and work constructively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent writing, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience managing, supporting and training junior team members
- Passion for supporting the small business community
- Ability to “talk compliance” in plain language so that colleagues across the company hierarchy can understand and feel comfortable asking questions
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.
Our Plano office at Legacy Center is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
San Francisco Office:
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes’ walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.