Fundbox is a financial platform for small businesses. The company is on a mission to unlock growth for small businesses by providing fast and easy access to financial tools and working capital solutions. Fundbox has connected with over 325,000 businesses, unlocked over $2.5B in working capital, and invested $100M into its AI platform, gaining deep insights into the small business ecosystem.
We were recently selected as one of the top 250 Fintechs out of 17,000 Fintechs and Startups in the industry.
Fundboxers (as we like to call them) join our amazing team due to our mission of empowering small businesses to realize their full potential with the help of Fundbox.
We offer incredible benefits including:
- Competitive Compensation, including equity with Fundbox in the form of restricted stock units
- Generous PTO policy to include vacation, sick time and more
- Monthly lunch budget
- Total wellness benefits, including individual annual budget, mental and physical health resources and more
- Personal and professional development budget
- Stipend to improve your home office setup
- Premium coverage for health plans offered from day one (some options covered at 100% for Employees)
- 401k, Life insurance and disability benefits
Let’s not forget, we were recently certified by Great Place to work with an employee satisfaction rate of 94%.
We build financial technology to help more business owners succeed. Our goal is to revolutionize the business economy by evolving how funding flows.
The Credit team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and Collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving lending margins by making important business decisions. In this early position on our Credit team, you will have an opportunity to have a unique opportunity to not just develop high impact recommendations, but also help set and drive the agenda for the Credit team.
In this role, you will:
- Set and drive the agenda to improve new customer underwriting (approve/decline, credit line assignment and pricing) as well as drive customer management strategies (credit line increase & decrease, retention, repricing etc.)
- Develop solid understanding of segment level valuations to develop optimal policies at segment level, and help key partners in Marketing, Finance and BD adopt a consistent, profitability-based approach.
- Partner with Data Scientists to communicate business needs, provide inputs during model building and to leverage new risk models in underwriting
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers, customers and executives.
- Help in hiring, coaching, developing and managing new analysts
You should have:
- At least 4 years of experience in performing and leading credit analysis in consumer lending businesses (credit cards, auto loans, unsecure loans etc.)
- Ability to identify opportunities, develop analytical framework and perform and manage analyses with high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and business orientation
- Strong technical skills - SQL and/or other databases, R/Python, Excel modeling/VBA
- Able to communicate insights clearly and succinctly (written and verbal)
- Experienced using Tableau or other software for data exploration & visualization is strongly preferred
- BS / MS in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering), preferred.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
Fundbox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We are committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.
Applicants for Sr. Credit Risk Manager must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa for this position.