Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship - Terms and Conditions
How to apply for the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship:
- Applications for the scholarship are open until May 31, 2018 6:00 pm ET. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Your application must be in English and must not exceed 1,000 words.
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with any technical specifications set forth in the application. Applications will automatically be declined if not correctly completed and submitted. Fundbox assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an Application as a direct or indirect result of a technical problem or any kind of internet malfunction.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and residing legally in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- You must currently be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program, or be a high school senior planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in the next academic year, at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
- Employees and affiliates of Fundbox and members of their immediate families, and persons residing at the same address, are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- Your submission of an application for the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship shall constitute your consent to be bound in all respects by the terms and conditions set forth in these rules, and your unconditional acceptance thereof and of the decisions of Fundbox, which shall be final and binding. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these rules, please do not submit an application for the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship.
- If you do not meet the foregoing eligibility criteria, please do not apply for the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship. Void where prohibited.
How Fundbox will determine the scholarship winner:
- A committee comprised of members of the Fundbox team will select a recipient based on a number of criteria, including the quality and applicability of the content submitted.
- Applicants are asked to submit an essay describing how you plan to use your knowledge and skill sets to create a small business (or big business) that would help impact society in a positive manner.
How the scholarship awards will be paid:
- Three (3) scholarship awards will be made. First place will be awarded $3,500, second place $1,000 and third place will receive $500.
- Each scholarship award will be non-transferable and will be made in the form of a check payable to the eligible institution of higher education attended by the recipient.
- Scholarship award recipients must submit proof of current enrollment at such institution in order for Fundbox to remit the award.
- No cash equivalent awards will be given.
- The award of the scholarship shall be contingent upon full compliance with the terms and conditions of these rules.
- Each potential scholarship recipient will be notified of their selection via email. In no event shall Fundbox be liable for any potential recipient notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential recipient for any reason. By submitting an application for a Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award, you acknowledge that Fundbox and its affiliates may call or contact you in relation to the scholarship and that the names of the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award may be posted on the Fundbox website and on its social media pages.
- If Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award recipient (i) fails or refuses, within fifteen (15) business days of being notified of their selection as a recipient of a scholarship award, to provide proof of identity, any required affidavit, or any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 form), (ii) is found by Fundbox to have violated the terms and conditions of these rules or (iii) otherwise does not meet the eligibility criteria set forth herein, such recipient's award will be forfeited and an alternate Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award recipient will be chosen. Any taxes owed by any recipient in respect of any Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award shall be the sole responsibility of the award recipient, who shall be issued an IRS Form 1099 in connection therewith.
Other terms and conditions:
- After submitting your application, it becomes the property of Fundbox and will not be returned.
- Portions of your application may be posted on the Fundbox website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to you.
- Except where prohibited, by accepting a Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship award, the recipient thereof agrees that Fundbox may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting Fundbox and/or its products and services, or the Fundbox Future Small Business Owner Scholarship program.