As the Senior Manager of Insights and Research at Fundbox, you will help shape the future of financial services for small businesses. In this highly collaborative role, you will be responsible for building the research and insights that help the organization understand who our SMB customers are, what they value; the extent to which extent Fundbox delivers it compared to competitors; how market trends and consumer needs evolve; and what products and features Fundbox can offer to meet small business owner needs and improve performance. You’ll be the pulse of the market and voice of the customers through competitive analysis, research, qualitative feedback, and direct customer engagement, sharing learnings throughout the organization and serving as the domain expert and champion to help the business grow.
Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, you will use a variety of research techniques and tools to capture customer and market insights, conduct research, manage vendors, bring the voice of the customer alive across the organization, and support research projects being executed by others. This is a highly collaborative role working with Product, UX, Credit and Marketing and executives.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a broad set of research efforts including surveys (design, programming, and analysis of results), analysis of secondary data, and qualitative methods to gain a deep understanding of potential and existing customers
- Work with stakeholders to rigorously define the questions that need to be answered/supported by insights
- Translate key product and business questions into qualitative and quantitative research plans
- Execute research plans internally and, when appropriate, identify, select and manage qualitative or quantitative research partners and projects
- Complete analysis and/or develop and oversee analysis handled by others internally or externally
- Develop insights and implications from the research, share and interpret those learnings and recommendations with stakeholders
- Monitor, curate and share key competitive insights
- Stand up and manage a program to bring the voice of the customers alive in the organization, partnering with other key stakeholders in Marketing, Product UX, Sales and Support
- Contribute to building, scaling and employing Insights best practices across the company
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities for research to solve customer pain points and add the consumer voice into decision-making processes
- Analyze market and consumer research data and translate into recommendations for actionable strategic insights
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to collaborate and provide thought leadership to other departments collecting insights
You should have:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of market or consumer research
- 2+ years of experience in credit, payments and/or fintech with a deep understanding of the challenges small business owners face
- Proven track record executing research projects end to end
- Strategic thinker, analytical & data-driven, with experience communicating solutions to senior-level audiences in a compelling way
- Experience managing a VOC program
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and urgency
- Comfortable with ambiguity and crafting structure where little exists
- Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with various tech-enabled research platforms and solutions along with an understanding of which tools and techniques are fit-for-purpose
- BA/BS required
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.