At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Payments and Banking Partner Manager to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Platform Expansion team, you will own the relationship between Fundbox and its outside strategic vendors/partners who assist in powering our products. You’ll engage and understand the needs of our internal organizations (e.g., Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, Legal & Compliance) for emerging/new products and ensure the smooth selection and management of vendors, helping the business to execute against our fast-paced roadmap.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for this Bank/Tech Partner Manager Role role who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
***Please note that we are flexible on location as we have a robust full-time remote team.
In this role, you will:
- Own the relationship between Fundbox and its outside strategic vendors/partners who assist in powering our platform expansion products
- Act as primary point person and project manager for each banking tech partner: identifying tasks, owners, and timelines for onboarding and ongoing relationships
- Engage and understand the needs of our internal organizations (e.g., Marketing, Product, Finance, Engineering, Legal & Compliance) for emerging/new products and ensure the smooth selection and management of vendors
- Help source, onboard and manage all banking and technology partnerships related to expansion of or platform, working with our internal teams to diligently keep track of where vendors are in the process
- Document key partnership terms and ensure vendors have the most up to date, relevant information, and conduct periodic performance reviews / check-ins with respective partners
- Develop a deep understanding of our strategic business goals and external landscape and help push forward our ecosystem (product) thinking, be an advocate for bank/tech partnership opportunities as a way to accelerate our product roadmap, and manage successful implementation/execution of key deliverables.
- Be a subject matter expert for all things related to our bank and technology partner integrations, assisting internal stakeholders with any requests related to a respective partnership(s).
You should have:
- 5+ years experience managing and developing strategic partnerships at a leading Finance, Banking, Payments or Fin-tech company
- Exceptional project management skills to keep projects on track, including the development of project tracking docs, regular communication cadence (internally and externally), and resolution of issues / blockers
- A solid understanding of the payment technology landscape, including: sponsor bank relationships, ACH processing, Debit/credit Card processing, KYC / ID Verification, Bill Pay, Remote Deposit, and the underlying financials for each
- Exceptional organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence multiple stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
- Analytic orientation, capable of designing and executing analyses to support key business decisions
- Ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload, operate autonomously and deliver high-quality work output while under pressure
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office:
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.