At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
As the Senior Manager, New Product Strategy at Fundbox, you will help shape the future of financial services for small businesses. In this highly collaborative role, you will be responsible for running the product strategy cadence, formulating strategic concepts and priorities, conducting research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer, market and competitive insights, and influencing mid and long-term roadmap investments.
It will be your responsibility to help the organization answer the questions:
- Where should we invest to best serve the needs of our small business customers?
- How can we differentiate to bring value to customers and the company?
- What sequence and cadence should we follow in building out new products?
- What are the key requirements for each prototype/MVP to ensure customer pain points and value propositions are met?
- What capabilities are required to successfully bring the products to market?
Reporting to the GM, Platform Expansion, you will bring expertise in strategy development and execution including project management, business analysis, problem-solving, executive communication, and consensus building. You should also have strong technical experience and aptitude to pick up and dive deep into the technology and product. A combination of strategy and product marketing or product management experience is ideal.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for this Senior Product Marketing Manager role who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Be the pulse of the market through research, analysis, qualitative feedback, and direct customer engagement, sharing learnings throughout the organization and serving as the domain expert and champion to help improve the business
- Strategically evaluate new product opportunities, and how they fit in a product portfolio
- Work with cross-functional partners (product/UX, data science, engineering, sales and marketing) to surface opportunities and threats, outline data-driven strategic decisions, and frame actionable recommendations
- Build business plans to justify the rationale for building new products
- Drive consensus around target customer segments and use cases, monetization, pricing, positioning, value proposition, partner prioritization
- Write business requirements and work closely with world-class product managers and product marketers to deliver products to market
- Drive the process to conduct build vs buy vs partner analyses to execute on growth opportunities
- Collaborate across the company with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations to ensure the successful development and launch of new products and services
You should have
- At least 6 years of strategy consulting, and/or marketing or product strategy experience; 3+ years of experience in payments and/or fintech
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Having a deep understanding of the payments / payment technology ecosystem, including competitors, partners, and technology solutions will be essential
- An understanding of key payment and banking concepts including: sponsor bank relationships, ACH processing, Debit/credit Card processing, KYC / ID Verification, Bill Pay, Remote Deposit, and the underlying financials for each
- Proven track-record of organizing, developing, and executing strategy projects that deliver results
- Strategic thinker, analytical & data driven, with experience presenting solutions to senior-level audiences
- Strong desire and ability to connect with customers, understand their challenges and communicate a vision for how Fundbox products can address those challenges
- Experience taking early-stage products from concept through early go-to-market
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Demonstrated success in a cross-functional environment with a global workforce
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude
- Strong communication skills across verbal, written and presented content
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and urgency; Comfortable with ambiguity and crafting structure where little exists
- Ability to handle a number of concurrent activities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- BA/BS required; MBA strongly preferred
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.