At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Credit Strategy Analyst to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. The Credit team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving lending margins by making important business decisions. In this role on the Credit team, you will have the opportunity to drive the team’s agenda, in addition to developing high impact recommendations that drive business value.
**Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for Senior Credit Strategy Analyst who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Perform credit analysis to develop recommendations that improve new customer underwriting (approve/decline, credit line assignment, and pricing) and customer management strategies (credit line increase/decrease, retention, repricing etc.)
- Develop a solid understanding of segment level valuations to optimize segment level policies
- Collaborate with Product Management and Sales partners to implement new credit strategies
- Work closely with Data Scientists to leverage risk models in underwriting
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers and customers
You should have
- At least 2 years of experience in a quantitative analytics role at a financial services, consulting, or high growth fintech firm OR 1+ years of experience in performing credit analysis at a consumer or small business lender (credit cards, auto loans, unsecured loans, etc.)
- Ability to perform analysis with high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and business intuition
- Strong technical skills - SQL and Excel proficiency required, R/Python & Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver insights clearly and succinctly
- BS / MS in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering) preferred
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.