We build financial technology to help more business owners succeed. Our goal is to revolutionize the business economy by evolving how funding flows.
We’re looking for a talented Credit Strategy Manager to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. The Credit team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving profitability by making important business decisions. In this role on the Credit team, you will have the opportunity to drive the team’s agenda, in addition to developing high impact recommendations that drive business value.
In this role, you will
- Perform credit analysis to develop recommendations that improve new customer underwriting (approve/decline, credit line assignment, and pricing) and customer management strategies (credit line increase/decrease, retention, repricing etc.)
- Develop a solid understanding of segment level valuations to optimize segment level policies
- Collaborate with Product Management and Sales partners to implement new credit strategies
- Work closely with Data Scientists to leverage risk models in underwriting
- Drive multiple analytical projects in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers and customers
- Help in hiring, coaching, developing and mentoring credit analytics talent at Fundbox
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the credit and leadership teams
You should have
- At least 3 years of experience in a quantitative analytics role at a financial services, consulting, or high growth fintech firm OR 1+ years of experience in performing credit analysis at a consumer or small business lender (credit cards, auto loans, unsecured loans, etc.)
- Ability to perform analysis with high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and business intuition
- Strong technical skills - SQL and Excel proficiency required, R/Python & Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver insights clearly and succinctly
- BS / MS in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering) preferred
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting-edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters are located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
Fundbox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We are committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.