At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a corporate attorney to be a core member of our small, dynamic, and fun (if we do say so ourselves!) legal team in San Francisco. This is a new role, and we are excited for you to make it your own with your initiative and creativity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for Legal Counsel who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with a broad array of corporate and securities matters, including preparation of board materials, minute books, securities filings, quarterly earnings materials, shareholder meetings, etc.;
- Structured finance transactions and credit facilities;
- Commercial agreements with strategic partners and other counterparts;
- Review of press releases, blog posts, and other external communications;
- Designing and implementing internal policies, workflows, and training materials to help our team and company grow and scale; and
- Various other projects, depending on the company’s needs and your areas of interest, which may be related to IP, compliance/regulatory matters, product, privacy, HR, etc.
We are looking for a lawyer who:
- Has practiced corporate law for at least 3-5 years, with at least 3 of those years being at a major law firm;
- Has significant experience in at least 2 of the following areas: startups/financings, capital markets, public company reporting, M&A, and structured finance;
- Has experience driving complex projects to completion under tight deadlines;
- Brings a can-do, business-minded, intellectually curious, and collaborative approach;
- Can juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and keeping the “big picture” in mind;
- Enjoys working with non-lawyers and explaining legal concepts in non-legalese; and
- Is excited to try new things and wants to grow as a generalist, not a specialist.
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco; Plano, Texas; and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters are located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.