At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for an experienced corporate paralegal to join our small and dynamic legal team. In this position, you will be a key teammate in our efforts to create the organization, processes, and practices that will support Fundbox in its rapid growth. You would ideally be based in San Francisco once we return to the office, but we are also open to candidates who could be based at our office in Dallas or, in exceptional circumstances, candidates located elsewhere in the U.S.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for this Senior Corporate Paralegal role who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Manage Fundbox’s US and non-US corporate entities
- Assist with the preparation and organization of board and shareholder materials and corporate governance matters
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory filings and other periodic reports as may be required
- Coordinate with the stock team
- Work closely with the rest of the legal, finance, compliance, and other teams as needed on special projects and transactions
- Assist with managing strategic partnerships
You should have
- 8+ years of corporate experience (including at a major law firm and in-house at a public company)
- Deep experience with SEC filings, including Section 16 reporting and compliance
- Subsidiary management experience, including of non-US entities
- Ability to toggle between working on teams and working independently with minimal oversight
- A keen eye for detail, tremendous organizational skills, and a practical approach
- A desire to learn new things, create and implement new processes, work across functions, and adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
It would be great if you also had
- IPO experience
- Experience at a high-growth company, particularly in the technology or fintech sector
- Experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder, time-sensitive projects (e.g., preparations for annual shareholder meetings)
- Familiarity with common corporate/reporting/equity software (e.g., Shareworks, Workiva, Diligent, BoardVantage)
- A healthy sense of humor. There’s a lot going on at Fundbox, but we try to have a good time, too!
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters are located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.