We are looking for a Sr. Copywriter who has a passion for storytelling, with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and writing skills. In this role, you will be responsible for the end-to-end writing process. You are an accomplished storyteller who knows how to translate customer needs, pain points, preferences, and ambitions into engaging experiences, and above all, you consistently deliver high-quality content.
You have a holistic understanding of how voice and tone are essential to communications and brand perception overall. You are a word nerd, a meticulous editor, and a speedy writer—from email copywriting, to display and mobile ads, to brand campaign collateral, to website content, you are a jack-of-all-trades with a pen, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty on just about any word-focused project. You follow the evolution of digital content and are interested in developing brand storytelling on numerous platforms.
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for our Sr Copywriter role who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Write clear, concise, compelling copy that integrates product messaging, brand voice, and best practices to support overall business goals.
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content, experience enhancements, and editorial opportunities.
- Drive editorial excellence and uphold standards and best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, and style.
- Work collaboratively to deliver strategic, data-driven, high-performing copy that is on-message.
- Build strong cross functional relationships with key stakeholders, including product marketing, performance marketing, product, and design / UX.
- Manage the content development process to execute on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and ensure timely delivery of work under tight deadlines.
- Write and edit all kinds of copy for ads, emails, direct mail, landing pages, website, video scripts, product launches, social media and more
- Maintain style guide to foster consistent writing style in external communications
- Develop and evolve copy workflow processes to align with content calendar/overall marketing strategy
You should have
- 6+ years of experience writing clear, concise marketing copy; 2 years experience with a fintech / financial services company; SMB experience a plus
- A portfolio (at least five writing samples) that shows off a variety of different projects and mediums
- Strong portfolio (at least five writing samples) demonstrating relevant, inspired writing samples across a variety of different projects and mediums
- Exceptional writing skills and experience thinking strategically about creative concepts and implementation across multiple channels
- Experience concepting and executing projects with multiple stakeholders and collaborating closely across functional teams
- Proven track record of using data and analytics to influence creative strategies; Experience with copy testing and optimization
- Swift and effective writing and ability to produce on deadline, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Strong editing, grammar, and proofreading techniques
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
Our San Francisco headquarters are located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.