At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Backend Engineer to join our exceptional Platform engineering group. Our Platform group is responsible for building innovative infrastructures, core services, and system frameworks that enable a productive, safe, and scalable development experience for our product engineering teams. We are passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality, and uptime, that help us continue our rapid growth and create a better way forward for our customers.
In this role, you will
- Design, create and maintain shared, scalable, and performant frameworks/libraries/services used by our product engineering teams
- Tackle cross-cutting concerns of distributed systems - inter-service communication, discovery, configuration, storage, routing, system scaling, and more
- Work closely with product engineering, architecture, and DevOps teams to address common platform needs.
- Understand pain points and places where our platform can be improved
- Develop a productivity mindset - root out and solve problems to improve the efficiency of the greater engineering organization.
- Empower developers to deliver impactful solutions to our customers, by building a rich and capable application platform.
You should have
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience as a software engineer - must have at least 2 years of experience in Python.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in distributed backend systems.
- Designed and built a software solution from scratch
- Experience with the Linux operating system internals, such as system calls, IPC, threading, memory management, and locking
- Enthusiastic learner - able to quickly come up to speed on different technologies on an ongoing basis
- High-level understanding of system-wide processes and ability to dive into details where needed
- Willingness to dive into 3rd party code
- Multitasking while dealing with aggressive timelines
- Ability to provide an analysis for complex problems in real-time
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.