Data Engineer Tech Lead,
Our Tel Aviv office is located in the heart of the city, right off Rothschild Boulevard. It has 360 degree views and is a few steps from amazing bars and restaurants. Our space is open and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks, snacks, and a complimentary lunch budget.
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer Tech Lead to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Data Ops team, you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimizing our data infrastructure architecture for cross-functional teams. The Data Engineer will work closely with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. As a data engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data-related problems at scale by mixing in house and open source technology such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop and more. You should be a Team player, quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
In this role, you will
- Create, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Fundbox
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
You should have
- 5+ years of experience with server-side development (preferably Python)
- 3+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Technology enthusiast
- Strong communication skills
- BSc. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields.
- Experience with programming in Python
- Extensive experience with AWS - EMR, Lambda, CloudWatch, API Gateway, ECS, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with big data and ETL tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with maintaining Data Warehouse
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts in production environment
- Experience with Jenkins and cloud infrastructure deployments
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.