General Ledger Accountant,
Our Plano office at Legacy Center, about 30 minutes outside of Dallas, is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
We build financial technology to help more business owners succeed. Our goal is to revolutionize the business economy by evolving how funding flows.
We’re looking for a talented GL Accountant to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Finance team, you will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will be key in helping develop and scale the Accounting function. As an early member of the Finance team, this individual will have an opportunity to work on various projects and have exposure to executives. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who loves working in a fast paced environment and is excited about new financial products.
In this role, you will:
- Own and improve upon the accounts payable, corporate card management, and employee expense processes
- Assist with preparation of monthly reporting package with the ability to provide insight in to the flux analysis
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile accounts such as benefits, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, and cash
- Work closely with international peers and help develop the global finance team
- Develop accounting policies & procedures and implement internal controls for areas of responsibility
- Work on other ad hoc tax requirements as needed, including 1099 tax reporting
- Support external audit and miscellaneous reporting requirements
You should have:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business/Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify, and/or NetSuite
- CPA or progress towards one
- Public accounting experience (big 4 preferred)
- Excited to work at a growing company with a great mission to help small businesses
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Dallas, TX Office
Our Plano office at Legacy Center is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.