Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Fundbox is looking for a talented Controller to join our exceptional finance team. You will report to the CFO and serve as a key member of the finance leadership team. As Controller, you will be responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, our global tax and transfer pricing strategy, annual audits, and providing key insights to the Executive and FP&A teams.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, manage, and scale a top-tier, global accounting team
- Own the financial close process and all related reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization and partners
- Develop team roadmaps for implementation and improvement of processes & internal controls
- Ensure consistent implementation of accounting principles and procedures in compliance with US GAAP
- Oversee annual audit and manage relationship with external auditors
- Ownership of tax compliance, including our international transfer pricing strategy
You should have:
- 10+ of overall experience, including 4+ years of managerial experience (international or remote management experience is a plus)
- 4+ years of audit experience from a Big 4 firm
- Strong technical accounting background with a CPA license (inactive is OK)
- Demonstrated track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams
- Experience at a mature start-up or public tech company strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and system implementations
- Ability to forge strong relationships and partner with other departments at all levels of the organization
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to help give business owners more financial power. Our story began when our CEO and co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired our CEO to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office:
Our San Francisco headquarters is located in the heart of downtown, just a few minutes’ walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything the city offers. Our space is open and modern, with plenty of natural light, a fully-stocked kitchen, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, Fundbox Fit fitness reimbursement plan, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox:
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.