Our Tel Aviv office is located in the heart of the city, right off Rothschild Boulevard. It has 360 degree views and is a few steps from amazing bars and restaurants. Our space is open and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks, snacks, and a complimentary lunch budget.
Fundbox is a fast growing Fintech startup company serving and funding ten of thousands of small businesses in the US. Our products changed the game on how small businesses get funded and enabled life-changing opportunities for our customers.
At Fundbox, we’re on a mission to change the way small businesses access financing by managing the most critical aspect of their business – their cash flow. We have a talented team of individuals, an all-star group of investors, and we’re looking for the best and the brightest to join us as we use technology to revolutionize the financial industry.
Fundbox is looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing Data Ops team. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimizing our data infrastructure architecture for cross-functional teams. The Data Engineer will work closely with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. As a data engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data-related problems at scale by mixing in house and open source technology such as Kafka, Spark, Hadoop and more. You should be a Team player, quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
- Create, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Fundbox
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 2+ years of experience with server-side development
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level systems language (Python, Java, Scala, etc)
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS
- Strong communication skills, empathy, and initiative
- BSc. in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with ETL development
- Experience in building large scale data systems
Fundbox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We are committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.