Our Plano office at Legacy Center, about 30 minutes outside of Dallas, is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
We build financial technology to help more business owners succeed. Our goal is to revolutionize the business economy by evolving how funding flows.
About the Credit Team: The Credit team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and Collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving lending margins by making important business decisions. The team leverages data and analytics to develop policies and pricing.
About the role: The Credit Specialist will join the Credit team and will have a unique opportunity to learn about innovative new ways to look at credit at a growing fintech company, and see how we at Fundbox assess risk for our credit lines. The individual will also have the opportunity to drive improvements to the manual underwriting of larger credit lines.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze financial documents
- Prepare credit applications and support the credit analysis of requests for increased credit lines
- Identify through analysis, risks associated with business credit, including risks not explicitly stated or evident
- Develop enhancements to the credit application process
- Work cross-functionally with other departments at Fundbox
- Maintain compliance standards within the Credit and Risk departments
- Work with multiple databases
- Create and maintain reports related to credit operations
You should have:
- A basic understanding of accounting and accounting principles
- Knowledge base for common financial statements including business tax returns
- The ability to handle several detail oriented processes while maintaining accuracy
- Able to communicate findings and risks clearly and succinctly (written and verbal)
- A good to excellent proficiency with standard office programs such as Microsoft Excel, Office and Google Documents
- Prior experience with small business lending or other lending experiences is a plus
- Proficiency with Tableau is a plus
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.