Fundbox is growing! We are looking for an exceptionally talented Data Scientist to lead our Risk Data Science team in Tel Aviv, Israel.
We are an innovative Fintech startup, with a mission of helping small businesses grow by accelerating their available cash flow. Our goal is to build a fully automated data-driven solution to evaluate the risk of each and every one of our customers. We put a lot of emphasis on using a novel approach for assessing risk as well as applying and developing cutting edge data science methodologies and algorithms.
As a Data Science Team Lead, you will have a crucial, cross-company role in developing novel risk prediction models. You will not only manage, but also participate hands-on in all aspects of initiating and developing research projects in the company.
This is a strategic position with direct impact on our business. It is also a unique opportunity to join a team of top notch data scientists who want to make a difference in the way we tackle one of the biggest problems in the Fintech industry.
- Lead, coach, and develop a talented group of data scientists.
- End-to-end responsibility from early exploration to deployment of advanced machine learning models.
- Perform hands-on research to solve complex problems leveraging Fundbox’s unique datasets and product specifications.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as product, engineers, and analysts.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a machine learning-focused data science role or similar, with at least 2+ years of technical management experience.
- Solid theoretical foundation and practical experience in machine learning algorithms.
- Full proficiency in Python.
- Excellent project management skills - ability to initiate and lead research projects from exploration to productization and to drive rapid execution without losing quality.
- Creative thinking and innovative mind.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; we are a close and happy group, looking for people who enjoy working in both individual and team settings.