Fundbox is a financial platform for small businesses. The company is on a mission to unlock growth for small businesses by providing fast and easy access to financial tools and working capital solutions. Fundbox has connected with over 325,000 businesses, unlocked over $2.5B in working capital, and invested $100M into its machine learning platform, gaining deep insights into the small business ecosystem.
And these achievements have not gone unnoticed! We’ve recently been named by CB Insights as one of the top 250 Fintechs from a pool of over 17,000 companies.
We offer incredible benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation package, including equity
- Generous PTO policy
- Monthly lunch credits through Uber Eats
- Total wellness benefits, including fitness expense reimbursements, physical and mental health resources
- Stipend to improve your home office setup
- Comprehensive health insurance with 100% employer-funded options, life insurance, and disability benefits
Let’s not forget, we were recently certified as a Great Place to Work with an employee satisfaction rate of 94%!
We’re looking for a corporate attorney to be a core member of our small, dynamic, and fun (if we do say so ourselves!) legal team in San Francisco. We are excited for you to take ownership of this role and demonstrate your initiative and creativity.
In this role, you will:
- Assist with a broad array of corporate and securities matters, including preparation of board materials, minute books, securities filings, quarterly earnings materials, shareholder meetings, etc.;
- Structured finance transactions and credit facilities;
- Commercial agreements with strategic partners and other counterparts;
- Review of press releases, blog posts, and other external communications;
- Designing and implementing internal policies, workflows, and training materials to help our team and company grow and scale; and
- Various other projects, depending on the company’s needs and your areas of interest, which may be related to IP, compliance/regulatory matters, product, privacy, HR, etc.
You should have:
- 3 or more years of corporate law experience
- Experience in at least 2 of the following areas: startups/financings, capital markets, public company reporting, M&A, and structured finance
- Experience driving complex projects to completion under tight deadlines
- A can-do, business-minded, intellectually curious, and collaborative approach
- Ability to juggle multiple work streams in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail and keeping the “big picture” in mind
- A knack for working with non-lawyers and explaining legal concepts in non-legalese
- Passion to try new things and want to grow as a generalist, not a specialist
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.
Applicants for Legal Counsel must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa for this position.