We’re looking for a talented Manager, Strategic Partnerships to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Business Development team, you will have the opportunity to generate new company revenue through prospecting, building, and closing a qualified pipeline of strategic partners.
In this role, you will:
- Research, source, contact, pitch and sign new strategic partnerships
- Execute partnership strategies that align with product and business goals and create the framework to implement and manage these strategies
- Design and implement processes that will enable us to scale our partnerships and increase our velocity as a team
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and internal roadmaps; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to Fundbox product and cross-functional stakeholders
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics to support ongoing partnership management and identify new opportunities to fill product gaps or create net new business opportunities that deliver value to Fundbox and our users
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Go-to-Market Partnerships, Product Marketing, Partner Operations) to identify and implement growth opportunities
Strategy & Execution
- Assess the market landscape and develop a strategy for prioritizing ideal partner candidates within new and existing market segments.
- Develop new, and build upon existing, partnerships to drive revenue growth.
- Manage a sales cycle from initial awareness through contract negotiations and close.
- Provide pre-transaction support, including deal structuring and negotiation.
- Maintain CRM
- Report on partnership activity and forecast to the team as needed.
- Measure and analyze relevant KPIs related to partner success.
- Marketing collaboration:
- Any necessary sales enablement tools, partner marketing/GTM programs, and PR.
- Jointly explore opportunities for Webinar and other customer-facing opportunities in key verticals.
- Creation of customer-facing collateral or Web pages as needed.
- Creation and management of a partner-specific lead flow from website.
- Collaborate with the Product/Engineering team on any partner-specific platform strategy.
- Provide business cases/opportunity analysis for new vertical product opportunities.
- Drive processes and/or recommend technology enhancements for delivering partner value.
- Coordinate with the customer support/success team when on-boarding new partners; work collaboratively to resolve issues.
- Provide input to the executive team about the impact of deal opportunities.
You should have
- 6+ years of work experience
- 4+ years in Strategic Partnerships, Business Development, or related fields
- Proven ability to build C-suite relationships and navigate complex, external organizations to identify internal champions and to influence decision makers
- Strong negotiation skills, with an emphasis on driving partner value
- Excellent contract review and management skills
- Strong collaborator who can build relationships across the organization
- Strong product orientation with the ability and desire to get in the weeds internally and externally
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics