Fundbox is a financial platform for small businesses. The company is on a mission to unlock growth for small businesses by providing fast and easy access to financial tools and working capital solutions. Fundbox has connected with over 325,000 businesses, unlocked over $2.5B in working capital, and invested $100M into its AI platform, gaining deep insights into the small business ecosystem.
We were recently selected as one of the top 250 Fintechs out of 17,000 Fintechs and Startups in the industry.
Fundboxers (as we like to call them) join our amazing team due to our mission of empowering small businesses to realize their full potential with the help of Fundbox.
We offer incredible benefits including:
- Competitive Compensation, including equity with Fundbox in the form of restricted stock units
- Generous PTO policy to include vacation, sick time and more
- Monthly lunch budget
- Total wellness benefits, including individual annual budget, mental and physical health resources and more
- Personal and professional development budget
- Stipend to improve your home office setup
- Premium coverage for health plans offered from day one (some options covered at 100% for Employees)
- 401k, Life insurance and disability benefits
Let’s not forget, we were recently certified by Great Place to work with an employee satisfaction rate of 94%.
You will work directly with our top-notch product and engineering teams, with product managers and business leaders as your day-in, day-out “clients” within the company. You will provide practical advice to product managers on the full life cycle of product development, from how products and features are designed, how users sign up to use them, how we collect and use customer data data, and how we update and sunset features as necessary.
In this role, you will:
- Lead Fundbox’s external policy updates, including user terms, credit agreements, and Privacy Statement revisions, improving and updating processes in partnership with the Product / Engineering Teams.
- Brief Fundbox executives on potential product and privacy risks, disaster recovery or breach issues, and other urgent matters, and propose mitigation strategies.
- Stay abreast of changes to laws and policies relevant to product goals and objectives, including lending / banking law updates and regulatory changes.
- Partner with Compliance to project-manage Fundbox’s global data protection and privacy compliance efforts across the company, including updates to data collection and sharing policies / procedures.
- Iterate on internal privacy policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Strategically engage with and manage outside counsel and other resources as needed to accomplish Fundbox Legal’s product and privacy objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing team on messaging and branding review, including how we craft our message on legally sensitive topics
- Work with a legal team that’s fun, growing, and excited to solve problems together
- Tackle new and unknown challenges as you discover them!
You should have:
- 4 or more years of legal experience.
- J.D. and membership in at least one state bar.
- At least one of: product counseling experience, deep regulatory knowledge of the financial services landscape, or lending/debt/payments expertise
- Knowledge of banking and partnerships and/or complex commercial agreements
- Experience working at or advising tech companies. Bonus points if you have experience working at or advising fintechs, payment companies, payment networks, or regulated financial institutions
- Interest in small businesses, the challenges they face, and the products and platforms that help them succeed
- A deep understanding of privacy law, regulations, and industry trends—particularly U.S. privacy requirements for financial information and new state-by-state privacy laws. A privacy law certification is nice to have but not required. Experience with GDPR is fine but CCPA is better!
- Excellent business judgment and a keen sense of how your advice can self solve problems so we can build and launch the products that will help our customers
- A “get to yes” attitude.
- Superlative communication skills and a service-oriented approach to driving projects to closure
- The ability and drive manage projects and deadlines independently, but the wisdom to know when to ask for help
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.