At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Credit Strategy Manager to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. The Credit team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving profitability by making important business decisions. In this role on the Credit team, you will have the opportunity to drive the team’s agenda, in addition to developing high impact recommendations that drive business value.
**Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for the Credit Strategy Manager who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role, you will
- Perform credit analysis to develop recommendations that improve new customer underwriting (approve/decline, credit line assignment, and pricing) and customer management strategies (credit line increase/decrease, retention, repricing etc.).
- Develop a solid understanding of segment level valuations to optimize segment level policies.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Sales partners to implement new credit strategies.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to leverage risk models in underwriting.
- Drive multiple analytical projects in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers and customers.
- Help in hiring, coaching, developing and mentoring credit analytics talent at Fundbox.
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the credit and leadership teams.
You should have
- At least 3 years of experience in a quantitative analytics role at a financial services, consulting, or high growth fintech firm OR 1+ years of experience in performing credit analysis at a consumer or small business lender (credit cards, auto loans, unsecured loans, etc.).
- Ability to perform analysis with high degree of autonomy and accuracy.
- Strong sense of ownership and business intuition.
- Strong technical skills - SQL and Excel proficiency required, R/Python & Tableau experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deliver insights clearly and succinctly.
- BS / MS in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering) preferred
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting-edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
Fundbox is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We are committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.