Our mission at Fundbox (http://fundbox.com) is to help democratize access to business financing and build the world’s first B2B credit and payment network. We use technology, data science, and common sense to give business loans to thousands of small business owners across the U.S., so they can succeed and grow. Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Plano, TX and Tel Aviv, Israel, Fundbox has over 300 employees.
The Director, Collections Strategy and Analysis is a key leadership role, with broad accountability to improve Fundbox’s Collections and Recoveries. This individual will be both a strategic and an operational leader, working directly with both the Chief Credit Officer and the VP of Sales & Servicing, and will have a unique opportunity to set the agenda and operationalize it in partnership with several groups.
In this role, you will:
- Set and drive the agenda to improve Collections and Recoveries
- Hire, train, and manage a best in industry collections organization
- Increase agent output and manage team performance
- Test and implement different tools and strategies (e.g. skip tracing, auto dialer, bureau reporting etc)
- Work with Legal & Compliance to ensure tight adherence to compliance standards
- Develop new processes and capabilities for recoveries, such as debt sale
- Set up well designed experiments and perform high quality analysis to make sound recommendations
- Manage key partner relationships (e.g. third party collections and litigation)
- Juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers, customers and executives
You should have:
- At least 8 years experience in collections in commercial or consumer lending, including 4+ years in supervisory capacity
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience with different collections tools and data sources
- Ability to identify opportunities, develop frameworks and perform and manage analyses with high degree of autonomy and accuracy
- Strong sense of ownership and business orientation
- Able to communicate insights clearly and succinctly (written and verbal) and partner with cross functional teams to deliver results
- Experience using Tableau or other software for data exploration & visualization is strongly preferred
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.